Bancroft is a leading service-provider for children and adults with autism, other intellectual or developmental disabilities or those in need of neurological rehabilitation.
We provide a full continuum of highly effective services — for people of all ages and every level of abilities — based on best practices and scientifically proven techniques. Our services include special education, vocational training, supported employment, structured day programs, group home and apartment programs both on-campus and in the community, short-term behavioral stabilization services for children, and in-home and outpatient rehabilitation services.
As a nonprofit organization, we are solely committed to supporting people with special needs and their families, to help make it One World. For Everyone.
Bancroft is currently seeking a Admissions Specialist
Effectively markets and promotes various programs and services offered by the Bancroft organization that foster the highest quality of life for individuals with neurological disabilities.
1. Serves as liaison to various referral sources; e.g., school district representatives, case managers, social workers, insurance companies, discharge planners, human services organizations, child study teams, trust officers, families, etc., to identify and establish a list of potential admissions. Facilitates the necessary action to effectively build and further the development of solid relationships that convert to actual admissions to attain marketing/admission strategic objectives established by executive management.
2. Attends external conferences on a scheduled basis and represents the Bancroft organization to its industry peers, counterparts at other organizations, etc., to network, promote, explain, and generate an interest in programs and services offered.
3. Presents current and factual information about a full range of Bancroft programs and service; e.g., therapeutic interventions, educational, vocational, residential, and supported employment programs, day treatment services, professional evaluations and consultations, specialized healthcare supports, etc., to referring sources. Arranges and coordinates on-site tours of facilities, as necessary.
4. Interacts regularly with various referral sources regarding programs, services, and potential admissions. Responds to inquiries, explains pre-admission/admission procedures and processes, collects current placement and funding stream information for potential admission, gathers medical/health information, discharge summaries and Individual Education Plans (IEPs) from school districts, arranges for screenings, and shares information concerning established rates for services. Maintains the strict confidentiality of all information and serves as a facilitator between various agencies, family members/legal guardians, etc., to expedite the admission process.
5. Upon receipt of all required admission information for a potential person served, disseminates information to clinical team members for review, acceptance, or rejection. In the event further information is required by clinical team to determine outcome, gathers necessary information; e.g., on-site evaluation, etc., resubmits to team, and tracks status of acceptance/rejection determination by clinical team. Establishes and maintains various files and records as part of determination process; utilizes computerized recordkeeping system. Notifies appropriate parties of outcome; if accepted, performs necessary follow-up regarding confirmation of funding streams; if rejected, provides alternative options to referral sources.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required with a Bachelor’s degree in a related professional field preferred. Minimum of five years of related experience required, preferably within the Bancroft organization.
Bancroft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.