Bancroft is a leading service-provider for children and adults with autism, other intellectual or developmental disabilities or those in need of neurological rehabilitation.
We provide a full continuum of highly effective services — for people of all ages and every level of abilities — based on best practices and scientifically proven techniques. Our services include special education, vocational training, supported employment, structured day programs, group home and apartment programs both on-campus and in the community, short-term behavioral stabilization services for children, and in-home and outpatient rehabilitation services.
As a nonprofit organization, we are solely committed to supporting people with special needs and their families, to help make it One World. For Everyone.
Bancroft is currently seeking a Facilities Manager to lead the Facilities team.
- Develops and implements a facility management program including infrastructure repair/replacement, preventative and predictive maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Responsible for the monitoring and inspection of all essential building systems to assure systems are operating correctly and efficiently. Such systems include: electrical, mechanical, security, elevator, generator, pool, fire suppression, plumbing, heating and air conditioning systems.
- Oversees and directs 24/7 facilities maintenance and repair operations to include preventive and predictive maintenance, planned systems overhauls, and on-call and emergency repairs of facilities, systems, and equipment to ensure optimal operating efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operating systems.
- Obtains quotes from various vendors and suppliers.
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met.
- Oversees various construction and renovation projects and may function as general contractor for select projects. Coordinates effective communication among planners, architects, engineers, and Bancroft management and staff members to ensure timely and cost-effective completion and integration of projects.
- Inspects in-house and contracted completed work for conformance to quality standards, specifications, blueprints and industry codes.
- Works with service lines to ensure that sites are in full compliance with state licensing regulations and/or Bancroft’s quality standards for safety, security, cleanliness, and comfort.
- Monitors the annual financial operating budget for areas of direct responsibility. Accountable to all costs incurred and efficiency of spending within areas of responsibility.
- Remains current on new or changing trends, developments, laws, regulatory issues specific to facilities management operations.
- Exhibits, promotes, and facilitates a team approach to integrated facilities management by effectively collaborating with all Bancroft programs and departments to identify and address current and potential issues. Serves as a resource to the organization regarding various facilities management regulations and requirements.
- Projects a positive self-image of technical skill, professionalism, appearance, confidentiality, courtesy, conduct, honesty, fairness, and personal integrity at all times.
- Performs other related management and facilities management oversight responsibilities, as required. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by organizational and departmental needs.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Minimum of ten years experience within the facilities management field to include operations, building management, engineering, construction and regulatory compliance required.
Special Skills: Knowledge and understanding of facilities management, physical plant operations and equipment. Strong analytical skills required with a comprehensive knowledge of project management, capital construction, budget development and management, and work order systems. Effective management skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple programs, initiatives, and department staff required. Organizational planning skills and the ability to re-engineer operations and procedures, formulate policy, and develop and implement new strategies and procedures required. Effective verbal and written communication skills, organization, prioritization, and time management skills required. Valid driver’s license required in incumbent’s legal name and current address with no provisional restrictions. Minimum 18 years of age required.
Bancroft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.